The very wonderful and talented Natalie over at Threads and Bobbins has nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
Thank you very much, Natalie! I would like to think that some of the goofy stuff that I make is enjoyed by others and maybe inspires them to do some goofy themselves. 😉
To quote from Natalie’s post:
“So, what is the Very Inspiring Blogger Award?
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers from fellow bloggers. It recognizes bloggers who work hard to keep the blogosphere a beautiful place.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award logo in a blog entry.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 hidden facts about yourself OR 3 things that inspire you.
- Nominate 10 other blogger friends for the award.”
STH Hidden Facts!
1. “STH” has nothing to do with my real initials; it stands for “struggling toward hope” and has been my online handle for years. I struggle every day with mental health problems, but I’m always working toward becoming stronger, healthier, and happier. I try to stay anonymous online so that I can write as honestly as I would like to about these and other issues.
2. My past jobs have included working in Human Resources in a beef processing plant (read: slaughterhouse) and writing logic questions for the Law School Admissions Test. Pro tip: working in an office full of beef salesmen is a good way to pick up new beef recipes.
3. I generally prefer animals to people. If I come over to your house, please allow me to cuddle your pets (expect maybe if you have tarantulas or something).
4. If you have tarantulas, I’ll probably still pet them.
5. I have lived in 6 different U.S. states.
6. I really love Douglas Adams and re-read “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” every time I find myself stuck in bed with a cold.
6. I can resist temptation in the form of sweets, but no potato chip is safe around me.
7. I sleep best with a cat on my head.
Pattern Vault — Such an amazing resource on fashion history; reading this blog’s well-researched posts always gets me thinking about new ways to use fabric and incorporate interesting details into what I make.
On My Creative Side — Prodigiously prolific quilter, upcycler, and furniture refurbisher. Love all her creative furniture remakes (and her SEWING ROOM OMG). Regularly writes things like “. . . found another bin of 50 quilt tops today . . . ” as if this is a thing that ordinary mortals do. 😉
My Vintage Inspiration — S inspires me to be a better writer with her wide-ranging, evocative posts. Each one makes me wish I could sit down with her over a cup of coffee and chat for hours.
Minki’s Work Table — Incredibly detailed needlework done in a very unique style. Sweet and colorful little still life paintings in fabric and thread.
Crafting While Anxious — Another wonderful writer, who writes movingly of her personal struggles (and also makes beautiful, beautiful things).
My OBT–Regularly expands my horizons (and keeps me from getting too tunnel-vision about sewing) by showing me all kinds of amazing artworks and music and other various beautiful things.
Captain Awkward — the place where I have learned many of the grown-up coping and assertiveness skills I should have learned years ago. Whenever I get up the courage to use my words (which is not nearly often enough), it’s largely because of the teachings of the Captain.
ETA: Added quotes to show what I copied from Natalie’s post (sorry, Natalie–that was very sloppy of me) and corrected the date of the post.