Make-A-List Monday is an idea that I borrowed from Sarah Craig over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and I thank her for inspiring me to try it!
Busy week here! Let’s see how I did on my goals:
- Finish the dress and do a post about it.
Done! Post is here.
- Do a post about the cycling jacket.
OY NO. I’m going to have to do this tomorrow if I want to link it up to the Finish-Along.
- Work on some more Splendid Sampler blocks.
Done! I got these two finished; I’m in the process of cutting out fabric for the third, and a fourth is traced and ready for hand applique. That purple fabric is from a project I did many, many years ago, and I only have a few small pieces left, but I love it so much.
- Test at least one of the circle skirt tutorials I’ve found online in preparation for next month’s class at SCRAP.
Done! And boy, has that been one big fustercluck. I think the instructions were screwy on the first one I cut out and the waist is HUGE on it. Then I mangled the second one because I broke my one ironclad rule of sewing–NEVER CUT FABRIC AFTER 10:00 O’CLOCK AT NIGHT. Every time I’ve broken this rule (coined by my sister), I’ve regretted it. The pieces of the skirt have been wadded up in a ball of shame ever since last weekend.
Goals for this coming week:
- Do the post about the cycling jacket. Maybe I’ll take pics of it on me? Probably better than nothing, but not by much.
- Figure out a circle skirt method that actually works. I’m really appreciating that hideous fabric I got from Freecycle right about now.
- Prep at least one more hand-applique or embroidery block for our next trip coming up on 4/14. And–best news of the week–I have a new friend that I’m going to be meeting up with for crafty time while I’m in Olympia!
And I’ve got a few pics from the week’s activities for you.
My mother got a new dog, named Regan, a rescued Chihuahua from the local Humane Society. She’s got a great personality–easygoing, affectionate, calm. My mother and I took her to the park and had a fun time.
Took this pic on a different walk–things are greening up!
Shelby assisted me with my sewing this week, as usual.
Have a great week, everybody.