(Make-A-List Monday is an idea that I borrowed from Sarah Craig over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and I thank her for inspiring me to try it!)
Running a little late this week–time got away from me yesterday.
How did I do with last week’s list?
- Finish the Willara tunic.
Done! Just need to get some pics and post.
2. Make fabric box #3 for the Finish-Along.
I decided not to do this one, as I’m planning to reorganize some of my sewing gear, and I’m not sure I’m going to need it.
3. Make my sewing weights for the Finish-Along.
4. Make my windowsill pads for the Finish-Along.
I made three pads, two for the front room and one for the bedroom. The fabric here is a queen-size fitted flannel sheet that had some worn spots and was starting to tear. Most of it was still good, though, and it’s nice and thick Lands’ End flannel, so I didn’t want to waste it.
All I did was cut off the elastic edge, then use my rotary cutter and largest cutting mat to cut rectangles a bit smaller than the windowsills. I wound up with five layers for each pad.
I pinned them together, then used a small square quilting ruler to mark them and sewed stars at each mark to keep the layers together.
I finished it with quilt binding, which I somehow seem to be using on everything I make these days. 😛
5. Do end-of-year blog posts.
Done! Did it all in one post, which is here.
Pretty productive week! I’m really happy with all the sewing I’ve got done lately. This coming week, though, I need to focus on some organization and administrative tasks.
- Do a blog post on the Willara tunic.
- Link up finishes to the 2015 Finish-Along–6 finishes out of 10!
- Do a post for the 2016 Finish-Along (starts 1/7).
- Deal with another pile of mending. Ugh.
5. Reorganize this corner of my sewing room/office/world headquarters. Why do I have 10,000 little note pads, when all my obsessive list-making is done using sheets from a 2010 cat-a-day calendar? Surely there must be a better place to store quilting rulers than on the floor with my yoga mat? What IS all that crap on my bulletin board?
So, yeah, time to reorganize and regroup for 2016 sewing.